* This page is available in the following languages:, English and Japanese.
1. About VisitKansai
VisitKansai (hereafter referred to as VK) is a volunteer guide site to encourage understanding of Japanese culture and people and to promote cross-cultural friendship.
VK guides are volunteers who provide guide services based on their own goodwill whether the guide has a license or not. VK makes no claims or no guarantees as to the qualifications or experience of its guides.
Any and all persons who request and/or utilize the services of VK will be collectively referred to as “Guest ” hereafter.
VK offers one (1) guide per group of Guest. There are no predetermined routes of destinations. VK guides will do their reasonable effort to suggest custom itineraries based upon the needs of each group of Guest. VK reserves the right to refuse requests or itineraries that VK deems unreasonable for any reason. VK guides does not reserve events, tickets or otherwise act in as intermediary booking agents.
3. Reward and Cost of the Guide
Basically VK guide services are free of charge, so Guest does not pay any reward to the guide. Besides, when Guest chooses “Experienced guide/Expenses reimbursed” condition at the time of request, Guest must pay for the following expenses:
- TRAVEL EXPENSES INCURRED BY THE GUIDE while conducting a tour for the Guest. These include any and all public transportation fees incurred on and after meeting the guest at the appointed meeting place and on and before the point when Guide leave Guest after guiding completed. Guest does not pay any costs incurred by the guide on and before the meeting and after the tour period.
- ADMISSION FEES to museums, temples, events etc. incurred by the guide while providing guiding.
- Cost for meal and drinks
Provided however, that Guest must pay any costs incurred when the Novice Guide/Experienced Guide picks up Guest at any seaport or airport with such guide’s consent.
4. Inappropriate Conduct
VK and VKguides reserve the right to terminate guide services at any time before or during the tour if the Guest exhibits any of the following behavior:
- UNSAFE or ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR;
- INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL BEHAVIOR or advances. This includes sexual behavior initiated by the Guest toward the guide, occurring among the Guest and or that initiated by the Guest toward persons outside of the tour group;
- INTOXICATION AND ILLICIT DRUG ABUSE;
- REFUSING to cover expenses incurred by the guide as outlined in the above section on expenses despite the Guest chooses “Experienced guide/Expenses reimbursed” condition; or
- ANY CONDUCT, BEHAVIOR, OR ACTION that the guide deems inappropriate or offensive or reflects poorly upon his or her self or VK.
5. Statement of Limited Liability
VK and VKguides must not be responsible for any illnesses, injuries, thefts, losses, or any resulting damages incurred by the Guest while using VK services. The Guest accept full responsibility for any damages, injuries, or losses that the Guide may incur while using VK services.
6. Right to Refuse Service, Conflicts of Interest
VK and VKguides can refuse to offer its services and/or terminate its services to the guest(s) at any point for the following reasons:
- that the Guest provides false information through the application form when requesting a guide and/or e-mail exchanges with VK or the guide;
- that the Guest attempts to profit or gain monetarily from VK services or operate(s) a business which attempts to profit or gain from VK services;
- that the Guest paid for or received a referral to VK services by a for-profit entity such as a travel agency;or
- that the Guest requests to engage in “sexual tourism” in any form or fashion including but not limited to requests to visit brothels, sexual goods shops, adult book stores and other similar venues which VK or guide deems inappropriate for its guide services
VKguide may cancel appointments with due notice if unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances (e.g., extreme weather conditions, natural disaster, etc.) occur.
7. Sudden Cancellation by Guest
VK and VKguides reserves the right to refuse service to Guest who have previously cancelled guide appointments without due notice. This excludes cases in which cancellation was for unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances.
8. Process for Being Appointed a Guide
Guest agrees to adhere to the following process when requesting a guide from VK and VKguides.
- Guest applies for a guide at the relevant form on the website (http://www.visitkansai.com/request-a-guide/)
- Guest receives an automatic reply mail from VK.
- VKGuide appointed contacts the guest by e-mail directly.
- If the Guest does not receive an e-mail from a guide on and before one (1)day prior to the tour date which Guest requested, it means that no VKguide could be found. No further correspondence from VK to the guest will be issued.
9. Cases in Which VK May be Unable to Match a Guide
In the following cases, VK may be unable to match a guide to the Guest:
- There are too many applicants and or a shortage of available guides.
- A guide cannot be found who speaks the language requested by the guest.
- A guide cannot be found who is able to meet the guest’s request (e.g., day, time where to go what to do and see, etc.).
10. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of VisitKansai
By checking “I agree with VisitKansai’s Terms and Conditions” and clicking “Submit” in the request form, the Guest agrees to VisitKansai’s Terms and Conditions hereabove.